AT&T mail possesses an easy-to-use email interface like the popular email service providers like Juno, Hotmail and Incredimail. Many of the US citizens use AT&T mail account to register for the innovative Internet services. Every individual, be it from a corporate field or a student, have their account registered with AT&T customer service for fault-free sending and receiving mails. In some of the crucial situations, the T&T Customer service comes up as a helpful guide and helps to manage the email account professionally and in a better way. The services are impeccable, and every user gets maximum satisfaction by using the same. Users get a chance to explore various methods to get in touch with the new updates and changes. AT&T 800 number can be reached in case of technical issue and for getting maximum benefits.
In this blog, we will see some of the techniques to use desktop notifications for AT&T mail:
In case, you are using Safari, Firefox, or Chrome to view the AT&T Email, you can receive the notifications on the desktop when you get new messages. Once enabled, the alerts will come up at the side of the screen when you have email open in a web browser.
For activating desktop notifications
- Open the AT&T email.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu icon & select Settings.
- Choose viewing email.
- Select ‘Enable desktop notifications.’
- Select ‘Save.’
For Turning off desktop notifications
· Open the AT&T email.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings menu’ icon & select Settings.
- Select Viewing email.
- Remove ‘Enable desktop notifications.’
- Select ‘Save.’
Web browser notification settings
In case, you are having trouble in receiving the notifications; you can check the settings in the Internet Browser.
- Open your Chrome.
- Select the ‘Chrome menu’ icon.
- Now, Select Settings.
- Select ‘Show advanced settings.’
- In the Privacy section, select ‘Content settings.’
- In the ‘Notifications’ section, select one of the following:
- Allow all websites to display notifications: – You will automatically see notifications from all websites.
- Ask when a site wants to display notifications: – You will get a notification from Chrome when a website wants to display you the notifications. This is the ‘default setting.’
- Do not permit any website to show notifications: – You will not see notifications from any websites.
- Lastly, Select ‘Done.’
- Open AT&T email.
- Right-click in a blank area on the page& select ‘View page info.’
- Now, Select ‘Permissions.’
- Scroll down to the ‘Show Notifications settings.’
- Select one of the following:
- Use Default: – The default setting is ‘Always Ask.’
- Always Ask: – You will get an alert from Firefox when AT&T email wants to indicate you notifications.
- Allow: – You will automatically see notifications from AT&T email.
- Block: You won’t see any notifications from AT&T email.
- Select the ‘X’ to close the Page Info window.
Deactivate notifications for the current session only
For the users of Windows, if you are using Firefox or Chrome you can select the lock symbol in the URL bar to turn off the notification permission. For Mac Users, you can turn on the ‘do not disturb’ in the alerts sidebar with ease.
If you find the information above unsatisfactory, you can contact the AT&T customer service instantly. The professionals available will guide you in getting to know the details and the ways to help you in achieving the desired results. For more, you can search the Internet for some online directories such as Contactforservice that offer its users of the US and Canada with the most authentic customer care numbers of the prevalent brands and products.